If any of you were to spend just a few days here, you'd quickly
discover how easy it is to fall in love with this beautiful place.
And me? I've fallen hard. And I'm still falling.
Central Asia, you've captured my heart.
SO. I've decided to stay for a second year. I have no doubt this is
what the Father is telling me to do, and the longer I spend over here,
the more I get excited for year two! I LOVE teaching, I love my
students, I love the relationships that He has given to me and allowed
me to develop. It's an amazing thing HE is doing over here, and it's
an incredible honor and privilege to be a part of it!
I've been reminded over and over here that I serve a limitless G-d.
HE IS HUUUUUGE. He has worked miracles, He has changed hearts, HE has
answered prayers in incredible ways. What a mighty G-d we serve!
So, I'll be back in America for a bit this summer, and back in Los
Angeles for training, and in August, I'll be heading back to Central
Asia. HALLELUJAH.
As I look ahead to next year, your pr-yers would be appreciated in
these specific areas:
That G-d would continue to move and shake in the lives of the people
here, and that we would continue to see lives changed for His glory!
For support-raising. I feel a little behind the ball starting this
process in late March, and much of it will probably have to wait until
June, when I'm home, because of my unreliable internet situation. And
while this may stretch my f@!th a bit, I know HE will provide as I
know he's called me to go.
For logistics in being home for the summer. I've been living
incomeless for almost a year now, and will have a lot of expenses this
summer. Pr-y for discernment for me as I decide whether or not to try
and find a job for the few weeks I'll be home.
And that's the news! I'm looking forward to seeing you all (well,
those of you I know…) in just a few months! Stay strong in the L-rd,
friends!
(the picture above is one of my favorites from the last week, with two
of my favorite little orphans. aren't they precious?!)
No comments:
Post a Comment