Tuesday, April 20, 2010

onward.

I LOVE MY LIFE here. It's amazing. I love everything that I get to
do...every evening I get to spend with my lovely students, every
morning I get to spend with my precious little orphans, every
afternoon I get to spend walking around the bazaar or hanging out with
friends or exploring my city and butchering this incredibly difficult
language every time I open my mouth. Life here is better that I could
have ever imagined.

But it's not always a walk in the park. The past week has been rough
and has left me wondering how I could possible do a second year. This
is HARD work! It was one of those weeks that, each time my little
e-mail notifier would pop up with a new message, I would quickly pr-y
before I opened it for it be an encouraging e-mail. This week, I
needed lots of encouragement. So, while this week was not a walk in
the park (side note: idioms really are funny little linguistic
treasures. I actually walked through the park every single day this
week, several times.), I have come to this conclusion:

WHAT'S WORTH THE PRIZE IS ALWAYS WORTH THE FIGHT.

So, onward I forge. Because really, this prize is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment