I was skyping with one of my dearest friends and college roommate, Rebecca, earlier this week. Becca is a worker in Uruguay, and we were reminiscing about college days, and how we both knew that G was calling both of us to the nations. Each night, we'd go before the throne together and lift up our futures to G. And now? We're BOTH doing HIS work! We spent time sharing how G was working in us and through us, and we talked about the answer that we give when people ask us WHY? we're doing what we're doing. So, why? Because LIFE is too short, the WORLD is too needy, and our FATHER is too great!
Meet Rebecca:

(this picture was taken one night in October when we hauled all of our bedding to the roof of our dorm in downtown chicago and slept up there. it was freezing, and yes, we were that cool.)
LOVE YOU, REBECCA! (you can follow her work in South America HERE)
All that to say...About a week ago, I returned to my MI home after a month of ESI training in Pasadena, California. So, friends, meet the Baku team, a group of people who share the "life's too short, the world is too needy, the Father's too great" vision:
Amanda, Me, Geoff, and Bill. Seriously, Baku, I hope you know what you're getting yourself into. The three people going with me are INCREDIBLE and I cannot WAIT to see the crazy awesome things that the Father is going to do through this team. Join me in lifting this team before the Father this year?
Below is a picture of us on TEAM UNITY day. Clearly, we're not the most creative team out there, but we did what we could wit what we had. We're wearing the colors of Azerbaijan's flag, and on our shirts is written "Баку"--the Russian spelling of "BAKU."

We went to a Los Angeles Dodgers game as a team, but those of us whose hearts were previously captured by other teams (GO CUBS!) decided to support our own teams...so, L-R: Michelle (Cardinals), Karen (Dodgers), Geoff (Rangers), Me (CUBS!), Paul (Phillies). The game was fun, and the Dodgers got WHOOPED by the Mets. However, being a Cubs fan, I could totally sympathize with all of the Dodgers' Fans' broken hearts:

Each year for training, many alumni return to ESI to teach the new teachers and to catch up with friends from other countries and regions. This was a sweet time this year, as I got to spend several weeks with people who, while I only spent a month with them last year and have not seen them since, are some of my dearest and closest friends.
Before training, I knew that G was going to do HUGE things through us in Central Asia. And after meeting my team, that was only affirmed. I have NO DOUBT that the HS is already taking Baku by storm, and I can't wait to see how HE is going to use us!
PLEASE remember all of us before the throne this year!

Amen!
ReplyDeleteWHOOP WHOOP! HE is GOOD and ANSWERS our pryers!! Those were some fun times on the roof. Just one question, "Do you go to school here?" ..hahaha....really?!¿!¡
ReplyDeleteSo excited to read about your year via this blog! Let the games begin!
ReplyDelete