Wednesday, March 9, 2011

as of late: STUDENTS!


Hands down, my favorite part of living here is the people I get to spend time with every day. Some are students, some are local friends, some are other ex-pats. All of them are fantastic! Here are a few pictures from last week:

Elmira and I ended up hanging out at the office where she works the other day. And there just happened to be some personal protective gear laying around... so, naturally:
Then we got hungry and raided the candy dish. It got a little out of hand.
What a precious friend she is!

The next day, Geoff and I took out two of my students who recently spent a few months in America to Baku's most American restaurant--Sunset Cafe. It's in the city center, and it's decor is very similar to Chili's. It's food is also very similar to Chili's, and we knew that Kamal and Fesli would love it! They did!
After lunch, we walked by the seaside and down the boardwalk (one of my favorite Baku places) and snapped a few pictures.
Here's Fesli with the fisherman (who I originally thought was holding a shotgun):
My beautiful city! I recently read an article that called Baku "one huge construction zone," which is actually a fairly appropriate description. If you look closely below, you can see scaffolding and cranes hooked to the top of nearly every tall building!
The boys and Baku:
Me and the boys (don't mind the hair. it was one of THOSE hair days. yikes.):
And then we passed this quaint little car selling a trunkload of oranges. I love this:
We had a great day with the boys! The next day, they came to my house (for Women's Day) to give me a gift and flowers.

I AM BLESSED.

No comments:

Post a Comment