Friday, November 13, 2009

SICK.


Well, it's been a long few days, and since I haven't been able to access my blog in about a week, here's the latest...

I had a lovely Tuesday morning shopping at Taraz's sprawling "Green Bazaar," purchasing everything we needed to create an authentic American Thanksgiving dinner for our students on Friday night. Really, it was a great morning, and our first time experiencing the winding, outdoor paths through the bazaar while they were blanketed in snow!

Well, when we got home, I dozed off while I was reviewing the lesson I was teaching at 6pm
that day. When I woke up, I started to feel this bizarre pain in my right side, not really like anything I'd felt before. And the pain just kept getting worse. By the time someone from my organization got in touch with an American doctor, I was unable to keep down any of the medications prescribed, due to the level of pain. FINALLY, after taking anti-nausea meds, I was able to take some pretty strong pain meds and started to feel some relief when they kicked in. I slept well, and even though I felt sick when I woke up Wednesday morning, I didn't feel any more pain. It was crazy, it scared the корма out of me, and I'm still not sure what it was, which scares me a little bit too. So, now I find myself carrying pain meds with me everywhere, just in case. Anyone have any ideas what this could be? Anyway, I took this picture to e-mail to my parents, just to prove to them that I was still alive. I do believe they had their doubts.

Anyway, It's Friday, I just threw an INCREDIBLE Thanksgiving party for my kiddos, and was even able to eat a little bit of the food I prepared. I'm on the mend and hoping that this was only a one-time deal. Either way, it's made for a long week. I hope all of you in America are healthy and avoiding that nasty swine flu (that has yet to make it to KZ, PTL!). Thanks for your many pr-yers and much encouragement so many of you gave me this week. I thanks Him everyday for the incredible life He's allowing me to live here in Taraz, and for the incredible system of support He's blessed me with back in the states. Truly, without YOU, I could not do this.

THANK YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment