Saturday, November 7, 2009

a week of remembering.

We have HOPE because of HIS blood. How incredible is that?!

This first week of November has been a week of remembering two precious people.
10 years ago this week, my grandpa, Robert Lee DeVries, lost a long battle with cancer but won OH-SO-MUCH more.
Grandpa, I wish you could know the impact you've had on my life. Your model of servanthood and f@ith has challenged and encouraged me to follow HARD after Him--EVERYTHING I AM FOR HIS KINGDOM'S CAUSE. I think you'd be proud of me. I wish you could see the legacy of f@ith that you've left for us to carry on. You have an incredible family here--Grandma, 6 kids, 19 grandkids and one more on the way from China--who loves the Father and will see you again someday in HIS presence because of it. And you've got 2 of your precious grandsons, Payton and Wyatt, already with you. Gramps, you are missed and loved and your legacy of f@ith is being carried on in all of our lives. Thank you for showing us the importance of putting on HIS armor everyday. Thank you for living this: "Fight the good fight of f@ith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many w!tnesses." I hope they have golf in heav-n (not that you're missing it)! love, Jillanny.

Payton David had his 8th birthday this week...it's the 5th one he has celebrated in Heav-n. But even better than presents on your birthday is celebrating IN THE PRESENCE of your Sav!or.
Payton Boy, Thanks for SO many good Chicago memories. Your short life impacted so many people, and allowed G-d to open doors for your little brother and sister, Sonia and John, to find a loving, g-dly home in the arms of your dad, your mom, and Lydia. His steadfast love never ceases, His mercies never come to an end--they are new every morning! Great is HIS faithfulness! Because of your parents and their love for your Father, you get to meet John and Sonia someday. What a day of rejoicing that will be! You are loved and missed, little one. love, Cousin Jillann.

There Will Be A Day--Jeremy Camp
...But I hold on to this hope and the promise that He brings
That there will be a place with no more suffering

There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place will be no more
We'll see Je$us face to face
But until that day, we'll hold on to you always

I know the journey seems so long
You feel you're walking on your own
But there's never been one step
Where you've walked out all alone

Troubled soul don't lose heart
Cause Joy and peace HE brings
And the beauty that's in store
Outweighs the hurt of life's sting

I can't wait until the day where the very one I've lived for always
Will wipe away the sorry that I've faced
To touch the scars that rescued me from a life of shame and misery
This is why I sing

1 comment:

  1. Love this post, of course! :)
    You're right, Grandpa would be so proud. I know I am!!
    BTW, you typed out the lyrics to Sonia's favorite song. No kidding.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete