I have worked much harder,
been in prison more frequently,
been flogged more severely,
and been exposed to death again and again.
Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one.
Three times I was beaten with rods,
once I was stoned,
three times I was shipwrecked,
I spent a night and a day in the open sea,
I have been constantly on the move.
I have been in danger from rivers,
in danger from bandits,
in danger from my own countrymen,
in danger from Gentiles;
in danger in the city,
in danger in the country,
in danger at sea;
and in danger from false brothers.
I have labored
and toiled
and have often gone without sleep;
I have known hunger
and thirst
and have often gone without food;
I have been cold and naked.
Besides everything else,
I face the daily pressure of my concern for all the chur(hes.
Who is weak without my being weak?
Who is led into sin without my intense concern?
[ii cor 11.23-29]
but what could stop me?
No comments:
Post a Comment