Friday, October 1, 2010

protective eye wear.

it's been one of THOSE weeks.
you know.
THOSE.
needless to say, i was selfishly feeling the need for encouragement and affirmation, selfishly needing time to "process" alone, selfishly wanting a sympathizer. here's what i got instead, and it did the trick. read on, you'll see why.

1. Dr. Pepper. I know, right? Who sells Dr. Pepper in Azerbaijan. Citimart does. And was it delicious? Heck to the yes. And to make it even better, we enjoyed our canned goodness at this great little cafe with free wi-fi down the road from our school.
2. Protective Eyewear. Yep, you heard me correctly. I saw these youth swimming goggles at Lider Market and had to have them. You see, I've got two problems, both with onions. First, I LOVE them. Second, they kill my eyes for days after cutting into one. I think I solved this problem rather brilliantly. I simply get my riot gear on before I cut my onions, and then wear them the rest of the night because the whole house still stings like onions. Seriously, goggles for hours and no tears? It's a win-win.
3. Musl!m Pryr Beads. The man whose rear you're looking at is a very inspiring man indeed. He stands in front of my metro stop every day, all day, and fingers through his pryr beads one at a time, around and around the string. Do I need a physical reminder in my hands like these beads to remind me of the importance of planting myself outside of the metro and pr-ying for the desperate eternal state of every student, every man, every family that walks past? What an inspiring man. Join me in asking our Father to show him TRUTH--the pryr of a righteous man is powerful and effective!
4. For such a time as this. HE has me in Baku, and I will fight to stay here! The battle rages on, folks, but we serve the Ultimate Victor! The enemy has been defeated! Lift this city high before the Throne today...ask for light to cover darkness, ask for revelation to cover fear, and for love to cover hate, ask for revival to replace apathy. Ask for open doors, for softened hearts, for eager ears, for understanding minds. Step out of the American comfort zone and ask for dreams and visions...and ask in CONFIDENCE: now to HIM who is able to do immeasurably more than all we can ask or imagine, according to HIS power that is at work within us, to HIM be the glory throughout all generations, for ever and ever! eph 3.

1 comment:

  1. Very good post. i understand that top part. and the power of dr pepper

    ReplyDelete