Friday, December 3, 2010

today. was. AWESOME.

today. was. AWESOME.

The really great thing was that it wasn’t one particular thing that stood out—just a lot of little things.

Today at school, the power went out and I taught for a bit in the dark (totally normal). Finally, when the lights came on, I stoop up, raised up my hands, and sang one little angelic note of happiness. One of my students looks and me and says, “Sit down, Miss Jillann. You are not G-d.”

Later, in that same lesson, I was really really getting into explaining how awesome superlatives were (and if you know me at all, you know that “really really getting into” probably doesn’t begin to describe my energy), that same student shook her head, put it down in her hands, and said, “What are we going to do with you.” Pretty great, right?

I was appointed (not that I applied or anything, but whatever) Editor in Chief of a new Azeri newspaper being published in English.

I was asked out of the blue by a national friend—a friend who has been heavy on my heart since the day I met her in early October—if she could come to ch-rch with me on Sunday. Yes yes yes yes absolutely! I’ll pick you up at 9:30.

Had someone tell me for the first time that they saw my commercial!

Was given flowers (daffodils!) from an Azeri boy. Thanks, Elmar!

Ate dinner (and actually liked it, which is a pretty big deal for me) at the home of an Azeri family I’m quickly falling in love with.

Had a conversation with a 9-year-old over a roll of Mentos about what the Koran (or “The Book” … as she called it) says and G-d and Americans.

Taught 7 hours of GREAT lessons.

Stood between incredibly elderly/incredibly adorable Russian identical twin brothers on the metro.

[my life is unbelievable.]

[my heart is singing.]

[my G-d is good.]

1 comment:

  1. love it! i still read your blog all the time and love hearing your updates =)

    ReplyDelete