Tuesday, September 28, 2010

a whole lot of GOOD news.


My first day of TEACHING at International House Baku was TODAY! I was so great to be back doing what I love... SO stinkin' great. Awesome news, right? My very first lesson was a private lesson with the Minister of Communication of Azerbaijan in his heavily-guarded government office. It was crazy. All the guards were expecting me, greeted me as "Teacher," and let me pass without having to say a word...needless to say, I felt rather important. I'll be tutoring this guy twice a week for the next year! What a crazy life I have sometimes.

Geoff and me with our secretaries on our FIRST DAY!:

Also, I think I've got an APARTMENT! It's a cute little place in the same soviet-block as two of our American friends, and even though I feel a little rushed into this, I feel pretty good about it. The only thing I don't feel good about: I have to put down SIX MONTHS RENT on October 5th. WHOA. That's $3000 that I have not yet earned... I'm not even sure yet if it's possible to withdraw that much money from an overseas ATM. Also, I'm a little anxious about handing over that much money without having a secure visa. Pryrs appreciated in this department! We strongly feel G leading us in this direction, and we trust that HE will not let us down. HE's good, isn't he?

And, visas. The process begins TOMORROW with health certificates from the clinic for immigration and notarized paper work (my paper work is still en route from Kazakhstan...pr-y for a QUICK delivery!). Pryrs on this front appreciated BIG TIME. We need this visa to come through!

For ALL of you and your incredible support of me, I am thankful beyond words. The very fact that the pryrs and encouragement of so many of you go with me every day allows me to live and speak confidently in this city, and I know: Greater things have yet to come, greater things are still to be done in THIS CITY. All the glory to G! He has brought us so far in just one week, and we can't wait to see where he's headed next!


4 comments: