Tuesday, February 8, 2011

hilarity!

As of late:

I’m teaching academic writing to a few of my students right now. Here’s a few of my favorite sentences from the last few days:

“It is best if you put on top of your meat chopped vegetarians.”

“Every day I very hardly study.”

“I used to be in love, but her is now my enema.”

And my personal favorite…:

“There are many things for keeping safe the baby. Firstly, It is dangerous to smoke while you are becoming pregnant.


Other news:

Geoff, teaching partner, teammate, and master of the German accent, has braved the Azeri barber and now has a mullet. A MULLET! Though it wasn’t exactly what he had in mind, he’s wearing it confidently and, while he probably wouldn’t say so, he’s pretty darn proud of it. It’s also become clear that our coworkers weren’t fond of his longer, shaggier look. He’s been told many times that he looks “much much much much better.”

I watched 127 Hours with Bill, Geoff, Rishad, and Rza. They all LOVED watching the guy cut his arm off. I almost passed out.

Right now I’m drinking Diet Dr. Pepper. DIET DR. PEPPER! Awesome.

It’s no secret that I talk with my hands far more than the normal person. Next time I explain “child birth” in English to low-level students, I will hold my hands behind my back. YIKES.

3 comments:

  1. and you'll never forget how to ask for a chicken breast in russian! miss you jillann!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaha, this is a good one. i can't stop laughing. I also talk with my hands

    ReplyDelete