Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dolma with Friends

On Friday, I took two of my American friends to meet my favorite Azeri family! Elmira's mom offered to cook a traditional Azeri meal, and it was FANTASTIC. Best dolma I've had in AZ yet! It was an evening of much fun and even more laughing. We had a FANTASTIC time! Thanks to Esmira, Elmira, Orxan, and Eldar!

This is DOLMA. Sometimes it comes in tiny little balls wrapped in grape leaves, sometimes it comes in longer pieces the size of hot dogs wrapped in cabbage, this dolma was stuffed inside of eggplant, peppers, and tomatoes. The eggplant was by FAR my favorite. SO SO GOOD!

Pretty excited to be eating Dolma with my friend!
This is Elly. She's fantastic. She's living in AZ for 6 months. And this is the FIRST Azeri meal she's eaten!
Elly, me, Orxan, and Elmira:
LOVE these girls.
Everyone minus Eldar!
After dinner, somehow, we started an armwrestling tournament. I am officially stronger than Elmira:
BUT....not quite as strong as Orxan.
Maybe a closer match?
aaaaand, it wasn't even close. Orxan wins it all! I love Geoff's face in this picture.
It was a whole evening of laughing! I've definitely been blessed with dear friends here!



No comments:

Post a Comment