Friday, April 22, 2011

parents in Baku: FAVORITES.

This will be my last post of my parents' visit, but I really just wanted to give a few of my favorite, uncatagorized pictures from the week...

It was surreal to take my parents to my FAVORITE PLACE in Baku... Regardless of the cloudy day, it was still beautiful!

She's pretty.

Baaaahahaha, this is SO classic Bob and Barb DeVries. I mean, surely that hand was not meant for shaking, right?

Story of our lives...trying to figure out a bill. Why it's always so tough to figure out: different language, cursive, hand-written, menu-less ordering, etc.:

Can get you out of my mind:

Baahaha, another classic.

Mom and Dad brought us all shirts from my little home town...Lake Michigan [unsalted]:
Me and my momma:

I think of the things that shocked my parents most was that I could communicate in this language:

When I see pictures like this of me and Geoff, I realize this: Yes, we do stick out. A lot. And yes, we do look very much like Americans.:

Dad took this...how he got them to wave, I'll never know. But it's priceless.:

And finally, not only is this a super-cute parents picture, but it's SO Baku... notica anything about the bench? Yes, it's leeeaaaaning. It is not, however, broken. It looked like every other bench in the park. If it's not broken, don't fix it!

So, that was it. WHAT A FANTASTIC WEEK.

No comments:

Post a Comment