My absolute favorite part of having my parents here was the honor of introducing them to nearly all of my students, co-workers, and friends. These people are WHY I'M HERE. My friends have not stopped talking about my parents--my young, tall, handsome, thin father, AND my beautiful, shiny, beautiful, sincere, beautiful, young, beautiful (seriously, she made quite the impression) mother. Here are pictures of a few of the people they met--clearly, I kept them VERY BUSY!
With Anakhanum:
With Elmira's ENTIRE extended family on her mom's side:

With most of my coworkers:





With my favorite lemon lady (really, I don't like lemons at all, but this little lady is impossibly cute):
With Elmira at the botanical gardens:

With Elmira's brother, Orxan, and mom, Esmira:
With the amazingly tiny/ridiculously cute little lady that invited us in for tea in the Old City. SO SWEET!
With the men who "make you deal!" on scarves in the old city:
Being interviewed by Fagan..."It is very interested for me. I have never done the interview with the foreign humans before...":
Missing you and all our new Azari friends! We think of you all, often!
ReplyDeleteWhat a joy it must have been for you and your parents to be able to share this time together!
ReplyDelete