Wednesday, January 27, 2010

a call to pr-yer...

I just got off the phone with an American friend of mine, Michael--he's Peace Corps volunteer near where I live in KZ.  He told me that another Peace Corps volunteer and friend of ours, Jamie, had been in a serious car accident.  Jamie volunteers in one of the villages that I also work in--Merke.  It's about 2 hours directly east of Taraz.  She had been riding in a taxi with two other people.  Taxi's are dangerous here, as there's no seat-belts, and most drivers drive like speed-hungry maniacs.  It was snowy, and the taxi wrecked.  The two people in the front were killed, and Jamie, who was in the back, has been unconscious since.  She suffered several broken bones and a very serious head injury.  She was taken originally to the military hospital in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, and from there flown to a base in Germany.  About 5 days ago, she was flown back to Washington DC.  She's still in a coma, and is considered to be in serious but stable condition.  She's still unconscious, and the doctors don't know yet the extent of the injury to her brain.  Please pr-y for her, for complete recovery, for G-d to use this event to speak truth into her life.

Since I'm sending this post via e-mail, I'm not sure if the picture will actually show up.  If it does, it's from Halloween.  Left to Right: Michael, Carolina, Me, and Jamie

Friends, we serve the ALMIGHTY.  Join me in asking his healing on Jamie's behalf.


2 comments:

  1. Pr-yers for Jamie, her family, and the medical team...that DAD would show Himself STRONG in this horrific situation and in all of these lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, we will lift her up at the office. So sad. Also, just so you know, the picture did post.

    ReplyDelete