Sunday, October 25, 2009

domestification.


So, 8 weeks ago, many of you asked if there was anything good to eat here. I answered, "No!"
Well, friends, I have good news. I have started to cook. This is a BIG deal (seriously, ask my mom.) for me! For dinner tonight, we made all of these things from scratch:
Chili (no canned anything! Even the beans had to be soaked overnight and boiled with onions!).
Cornbread. (just for the record, melted butter looks DISGUSTING when you mix it with cold milk. So disgusting, in fact, that I nearly stopped my dinner-making mission and lost my appetite.)
Lemonade (with REAL lemons. Heck yes.)


We did purchase cheese (which I grated myself) and sour-cream. There's some serious domestification (maybe I made that word up?) going on here in Taraz, folks.

We had two of our American friends over for dinner.
It was a success. SUCCESS!
It was a wonderfully edible, horse- and intestine-free meal.
I'm becoming domestic :)

2 comments: