Monday, October 19, 2009

just another small victory.

So, 7 weeks ago when I arrived here, I went to the store to buy the safest foods I could, since I couldn't read any labels (and I still can't...) That shopping trip found me with these things in my cart: eggs, pasta, toilet paper, tomatoes, cucumbers, bananas, bread, and YOGURT. Since that day 7 weeks ago, I've spent many meals trying to figure out exactly what is combined to make the extraordinarily unique flavor that defines my yogurt.
Here's what I had to work with:
-It's light red.
-It has pictures of 2 unidentifiable red fruits (well, probably fruit) on the top.
-It has unidentifiable fruit (well, probably fruit) chunks in it.
-It tastes like nothing I've ever eaten before, still, it's strangely good.

It took a few weeks for me to pick out the pomegranate flavor, but I was still unsure of the second very distinct flavor. Well, friends, today I experienced VICTORY over my 7-week what-the-heck-kind-of-fruit-(or-is-it-even-fruit)-is-in-this-yogurt-?! quest.

(and NO, this next part is NOT a joke.)

My yogurt, which I have come to enjoy and look forward to each day, is a combination of these 2 flavors:
Pomegranate and TOMATO!

Not even kidding. Come visit. I'll buy you some.

So, next time you settle in to your comfortable little kitchen nook and peel open your posh little Raspberry Yoplait yogurt, try adding some tomato. While it might rock your comfort zone just a little, it will surely ROCK YOUR WORLD.

Priyatnava Apetita!

1 comment:

  1. you crack me up! it's almost intriguing enough to make me want to come visit...

    ReplyDelete