Sunday, October 18, 2009

an INCREDIBLE day.

He is SO SO good to me, and my heart is full after a wonderful day.

This morning, we attended a local Kazakh “Club” of believers. We were able to go because my student, Violetta, invited us, and it was a service in celebration of Kazakh Thanksgiving (we can go if invited on a holiday, so that if questioned, we have an excuse for the police: “What? Ch-rch? We’re just celebrating Thanksgiving with friends!). It was absolutely wonderful to be in a room with 20 or so other believers, singing to the Father and simply giving THANKS. Oh how I wish that we could join this club every Sunday morning.

Following the service, we were ushered downstairs to have dinner with the church. It was a meal Korean food, all national dishes. So we ate may-filled mystery meat, pickled mushrooms, and raw potatoes soaked in vinager and garlic. And when I say “ate,” I really just mean pretended. I don’t love mayo-filled mystery meat.

Since the weather has jumped back into the high-80s after a week of consistant 40s, we decided to walk the few miles home. It was a beautiful day and I loved being able to enjoy it outside. Violetta walked all the way home with us, only to turn around after she saw us home safely and walk back to the church. This girl is a warrior. She was wearing 4-inch heals the whole time.

When we arrived home, I took a 3-hour nap, since last night was another one of those sleepless nights that I’ve had too often since arriving here 7 weeks ago. I woke up tired but eager for my evening—I skyped into the morning services at my home club, Covenant Life! I was SO SO good to see them all and get to talk with them briefly. Covenant Life is so dear to my heart, as I’ve been attending since I was just 3-years-old, and I miss it like CRAZY.

THANK YOU, Covenant Life, for the incredible pr@yer support and financial support you have given me. I leave my apartment confidently every morning, knowing that your pr@yers are constantly going before me.

My heart is full and my sp-rit is refreshed and my Father is SO SO good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment