JULLI gets schooled in bowling:
I think that maybe, though, 71 is a record for me! I find it funny that I was never able to hit pins on both throws... Anyway, what a fun night with Elmira and her friend Elmar and Elgiz! Also, is "Jillann" really that hard to spell? Feel free to call me Julli.
Who doesn't love these shoes?
After bowling, Elmar treated us all to a fancy dinner at a local Italian restuarant! I got a goat cheese/mushroom/spinach pizza. Delish.
Anyway, loving life and loving the endless opportunities for new relationships.
Also, I didn't have to work today, because in Baku, we're celebrating FLAG DAY. Here's the background: last year, Baku raised a HUGE flag to fly above the Caspian Sea. It's the biggest and heaviest flag in the world (no joke). Today, we celebrate THAT flag. If you ask me, it's a great reason for a break!
Happy Flag Day!
It's so ... foreign to me for a country to be getting new holidays. Love it that new holidays are added in our new countries. :)
ReplyDeleteMost interesting that it's a super heavy flag. Does it ever wave in the wind?