Friday, November 19, 2010

you want ME to record a commercial? for Azeri TV?

Yes, friends, it's true. I'm going to be on Azeri television.

I was called by the Ministry of Communication and asked to be the token American in a commercial...they told me--exact words here--that I was "chosen for the commercial because of your energy and timbre." :)

It's a commercial about the revamped Azerbaijan Postal Service. Exciting? Right.

So I went to the "Space TV" station, an Azeri network station, and recorded the commercial. Every few minutes, the producer and I would have a little conversation that would go something like this:
Producer: Julli-Ann, do you need to have a rest?
Me: Nope, I'm fine!
Producer: Can I bring you some water?
Me: I'm alright, thanks.
Producer: So you're fine?
Me: Yep.
Producer: Ok, then, let's continue with MORE ENERGY!

Anyway, there you have it. Pending approval from Azerbaijan's prez (I know, right? CRAZY.), the commercial will be live soon.

Who knows, I may be able to get a digital copy when it's done...if so, I'll post it.

This is MY life?

No comments:

Post a Comment